Seventy-one percent of adults have at least one social media account and 54% of these individuals are actively using 2 or more social channels. That means not only are your current and potential patients likely using social media. They’re likely on multiple platforms. When it comes to marketing your Medical Practice, it's critical that you leverage your social media channels to drive success.
Here Are 5 Ways You Can Attract and Retain Patients Using Your Social Media Channels
1. Post often so current and potential new patients see your activity. Consistency is crucial when it comes to social media. This is especially true in the healthcare industry, where 41% of patients make decisions based on healthcare providers' social media presence. By maintaining an active and engaging social media presence, you can keep your current patients informed and engaged, while also attracting new patients to your practice.
2. Upload fresh content and images. Just like your website, patients utilize social media to find informative content and images from your practice in order to help make their decisions. This provides a huge opportunity for you to post before and after photos, descriptive content, or blogs in order to further influence your patients to come to you for their needs.
3. Post stories to give your patients a personalized story. Patients are extremely likely to engage with and watch your stories. In fact, some of the most viewed stories on social media come from business accounts. Utilizing features like Stories helps to give your patients a behind-the-scenes look at your practice, providing a more personalized experience, as if they’re in the practice with you.
4. Use direct messaging to communicate and book appointments. Studies have shown patients are increasingly more likely to reach out or ask questions through social media. On Facebook, you can even set up your business account so your messages pop up automatically as soon as the user lands on the page. Have someone on staff who is in charge of answering social media messages from Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn and use this as another opportunity to book appointments.
5. Increase your leads with social media ads. Incorporating social media ads into your strategy is crucial in addition to organic posts. By creating custom audiences, you can target your ideal patient and generate the best possible leads for your practice. Remarketing ads are another effective way to encourage website visitors to return to your site and connect with you. Don't miss out on this opportunity to grow your practice!